GKN Aerospace is leading the aerospace industry in composite fan case technology development and manufacturing. Compared to metallic designs composite fan cases offer weight savings, can be designed to include fewer parts, and have demonstrated improved structural resilience. GKN Aerospace has partnered with a number of strategic OEM customers to develop our world-class capability.
- Reduced weight and enhanced structural performance
- Reduced need for complex forging and special processing streamlines the supply chain and reduces transportation costs
- Next generation engine designs will need to leverage this technology to achieve efficiency targets
Aircraft deployed on
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner – GEnx forward fan containment case
- Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II (JSF) – integrated composite forward frame and ice protection system