GKN Aerospace is a major leading supplier of complex hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, air conditioning and electric wing systems.
Today, GKN Aerospace manufactures a diverse range of complex tubes, pipes and ducting for fuel, bleed air and anti-ice systems, in titanium, stainless steel, aluminium, exotic alloy and composite materials. Its capabilities include comprehensive metal fusion technologies including resistance, TIG, electron beam weld, brazing and automated orbital welding, hot and cold forming and advanced laser cutting. In addition, GKN Aerospace houses extensive automated and conventional treatments and testing facilities including high technology reverse and conformance engineering centres.
GKN Aerospace is also enhancing its reputation as a first to market leader through the development of an integrated electro-thermal anti ice system deployed on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner leading edge.
- Repeatable products using ICY fixtures & VMM inspection
- Complete in house production and test facilities
- ‘State of the art’ welding facilities
- Increased airframe performance - reduced fuel consumption, maintenance and aircraft downtime
Aircraft deployed on
- Large commercial – Airbus A320, A330, A340, A380 and A350 XWB; Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Business jet – Bombardier Challenger 300 (HTF7000)
- Military fixed wing – Airbus A400M, A330 MRTT; Lockheed Martin C-130J (AE2100)