GKN Aerospace is a leading supplier of complex metallic structures and components, combining its experience in design, development, high-speed machining and advanced material applications to support the integration of lightweight metallic components across the world’s leading aircraft platforms.
With substantial investment in high speed machining technologies and processes, GKN Aerospace houses a large number of flexible manufacturing systems, three, four and five axis machines and some of the world’s largest long-bed gantries, and is recognised as an industry leader in the supply of complex load bearing machining components, as well as complex pipes, tubes and fabricated components in titanium, aluminium, stainless steel and exotic alloys. This is supported with comprehensive in-house welding, painting, treatment and test facilities.
These start-of-the art production processes are deployed across numerous civil and military programs. Typical products include wing box ribs, gear ribs and pintle fittings, spars, fight control surfaces, shroud boxes, aft pylon fairings and wing skins.
- Increased component efficiency and performance
- Significant long-bed facilities for large single components (such as spars/skins) or multiple component manufacture, reducing cycle times and cost
- Increased accuracy and throughput of fabricated components through advanced laser cutting processes
- Major investment in advanced high-speed machining centres reduces cycle times and costs whilst increasing product quality
Aircraft deployed on
- Large commercial - Airbus A320, A330, A340, A380, A350 XWB
- Regional - Embraer E190
- Military - Airbus A400M, A330 MRTT; Lockheed Martin JSF; Boeing F/A-18E/F
- Business jet - Cessna Citation X; Dassault SMS; Honda Aircraft Company HondaJet