GKN Aerospace is fully responsible and able to deliver complete integrated assemblies such as the horizontal (HTP) and vertical tail planes (VTP) and tail cones through to slats, flaps, flaperons, airbrakes, spoilers and ailerons in both composite and metallic materials.
GKN Aerospace combines its expertise and experience in the design and development of flying surfaces with advanced manufacturing and curing processes to offer its customers fully optimised light weight, efficient and cost effective structures and assemblies.
- Reduced part count and assembly time
- Reduced tooling costs
- Close tolerance and high level of accuracy
- Lightweight optimised products
Aircraft deployed on
- Large commercial – Airbus A320, A330, A340, A380 and A350 XWB; Boeing 787 Dreamliner; COMAC C919
- Regional: Bombardier CRJ900
- Business jet – Dassault SMS
- Military fast jet – Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
- Military helicopter – Sikorsky Black Hawk
- Utility aircraft – Dornier 228
- Space – solar panels (Astrium EADS Eurostar E3000 satellite)