GKN Aerospace is a global leader in the design and manufacture of composite structures and components, supporting customers in the development and certification of new applications for lightweight composite materials to help reduce emissions and advance product efficiency and performance.
A key focus for GKN Aerospace as a Tier One design and build partner is to refine conventional production techniques such as hand lay and define new automated and repeatable manufacturing processes, such as automated tape laying (ATL), automated fibre placement (APF), filament winding, double diaphragm forming, compression moulding and laser ply. GKN Aerospace also leverages its significant composites experience in specialist processes such as resin film infusion (RFI) and resin transfer moulding (RTM) to deliver cost effective high performance composite products to its global customer base.
- Lightweight, increased efficiency and performance
- Higher degree of design for manufacturability
- Global supply chain
- Ability to achieve complex manufacturing at high deposition rates reducing overall cycle times
Aircraft deployed on
- Large commercial - Airbus A320, A330, A340, A380, A350 XWB; Bombardier CSeries
- Military fixed wing: Airbus A400M; Boeing C-17 Globemaster III